Category: Travel Tips
Published on Tuesday, 12 June 2012 17:01
Written by J. Kevin Powell
You’re hurriedly walking through the hallway pulling a black bag as your new wife follows closely carrying only a purse. It’s Sunday morning and you’re flight to Aruba starting boarding over 30 minutes ago. You were going to ask to be moved to first class but right now you’re just hoping you can make the plane.
“Why did we get such an early flight,” you’re asking yourself now that you realize a 6 am flight wasn’t a good idea. Why didn’t you get a travel agent is the real question.
A travel agent may seem like an unnecessary expense. But imagine you’re a professional athlete or an executive, would you book your own flights or try to find your own special rates? No. So while you’re spending a lot of time planning a normal day, here are ten reasons you should think about getting a travel agent to make your arrangements.
- Lower Rates – A good travel agent can find rates that may be lower then popular web sites. They also get special deals so they may have unpublished specials.
- Free Perks – The agent may be able to secure special perks for you at no extra cost.
- Better Itinerary – The travel specialist has a better concept of time and how you’ll feel from airplane travel and the regional conditions. They can offer suggestions to help keep the trip as stress free as possible.
- Undiscovered Locations – You may first think to travel to the beautiful places you see on television, but an agent may be able to save you thousands by suggestion a different location without losing the beauty.
- One Stop – They’ll handle your travel, hotel, rental, activities, etc. and you don’t have to call each individually.
- Customer Service – Some agents will act as your liaison to resolve issues during your trip.
- Future Travel – You may be able to save enough money during the process to schedule other trips in advance and secure your gift before you get the chance to forget.
- Personalized Travel – Travel agents are able to provide background information about your desired destination. You can cater your trip to your interest. There’s no reason to go to a party city if you hate crowds.
- She Doesn’t Have to Know – If you’re going the romantic route and planning the trip without her knowing, pass off most of the work to the travel agent. Then pretend like you made all the arrangements in the end. You do half the work and get all the points.